Ok, I’ll get to the list in just a second. It’s been exam week here and I’m almost done. I’ve got my last exam tomorrow. Today I fell asleep for the whole afternoon while listening to my Sunday Afternoon playlist (yeah I know it’s Thursday). Naturally, the French can’t go too long without a holiday so I did a whole lot of nothing. Granted, today was a legitimate religious holiday-Ascension-which I just realized is the same thing in English. I’m getting pretty used to this language and its differences and similarities with my native tongue…which is where I’ll start my list
· I’ll miss the language -hearing it, reading it, learning more of it and getting practice speaking every single day.
· I’ll miss the wine and cheese-although I’ve learned that this country has a lot more to offer than just excellent food
· I’ll miss the daily routines of the locals, the boulangeries, the markets, and the cafes.
· I’ll miss how much time off French people get from work
· I’ll miss riding my bike most places and walking to all the others
· I’ll miss how easy it is to travel by train and how cheap a flight to Morocco is
· I’ll miss my host dad, and the abnormally clean and organized apartment that we live in
· I’ll miss the people I’ve met here
· I won’t miss the Euro-too damn expensive
· I won’t miss Paris
· I won’t miss people asking me for money, a lighter, a cigarette, a beer, etc.
· In a way, I won’t miss speaking French—I’m really really good at speaking English